Sometimes just sometimes...Aargh Sunday 21st May 2017

I was not a perfect child but I did know right from wrong, why? because my parents and older siblings brought me up correctly....

What am I going on about.... this afternoon as I drove through the reserve I watched two young lads delighting in throwing sticks and stones at a group of young cattle  while "dad" sat on his bike oblivious to what was going on.....I didn't have an opportunity to engage and educate as they  all cycled off before I could say anything....

An additional contingent of young cattle has arrived and I went off to count them, a total of 10 newbies giving us 33 head on site, I also noticed someone? had kindly picked a few bags of litter from the beach, sadly they left them against the field fence and the cattle have been at them now there's litter in the cattle field!

On a brighter note a regular nature photographer stopped me to point out  newly emerged Broad-bodied Chaser dragonflies, Libellula depressa, my first chasers of the year, there were two immatures one was a male judging by the evenly yellowish-brown colour of the body with the broad antehumeral stripes clearly a shade of blue, a feature found in males,  and a more female type with whitish antehumeral stripes.

Broad-bodied Chaser immature ♂
we just need some warm settled weather to bring out decent numbers of invertebrates, although on the guided walk yesterday we did see a few reptiles and butterflies despite the cloud and showery rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?