A day off OR NOT! Friday 26th May 2017

It's been quite a busy week, so with a great forecast I thought today would be ideal for a lazy morning before going out to Amroth  in the PCNP for a few hours  to sit by someone else's beach....

I ran the moth trap at home last night and caught a Scarlet Tiger and Poplar Hawkmoth, so after a late night I had a lie in....

 Scarlet Tiger

Poplar Hawkmoth

However, an early 'ish call from a regular visitor to the reserve alerted me to the presence of two water jet skis on the reserve, actually on the flooded marsh, this really is anti-social behaviour which needs dealing with, so....

I made my way to Burry Port Harbour to locate the said offenders sure enough another member of the public pointed out the two vehicles that had brought the jet skis then an "unknown" number appeared on my mobile, it was the Coastguard Co-ordination centre at Milford Haven, letting me know that they had received reports of the jet skiers but as it was not a "threat to life situation" couldn't respond (rightly so) but thought I should know, I think that was great interagency work, as they could just have ignored it..

Whilst waiting for the jet skiers to land in the harbour the phone rang again, this time it was .." Paul two of the cattle are out wandering around!", then the jet skiers arrived I spoke to, and  "engaged and educated" them then went off to find my "boys" but couldn't persuade them to move so I left that to the grazier...........

A big thanks to the original caller, a big thanks to HMCG for caring enough to call and a big thanks to the other visitor for reporting the escapee cattle.

NO PHOTOS TO BUSY.........


Then I had a few hours at Amroth............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?