Tuesday 6th September 2016 Majorca

Early start...


After a very hot and humid night I took myself off for an early morning walk to the Punta d'Amer nature reserve, about 3km away from the hotel.

A very distant cruise ship at first light


Dawn was at around 07:30 so it was still quite dark when I set off, the Blackbirds were taking advantage of the irrigated grassy areas along the se front, 11 in total.

The reserve is typical marquis country with pine forest and a rocky shore line, the bird list got a bit longer this morning, with typical Majorcan species added, my bridge camera really does not handle low light conditions so photo's are few.




The list consisted of Woodpigeon,100's, Goldfinch 100's Spotted Flycatcher 10's Greenfinch, Linnet, Cirl Bunting 10's, Goldcrest, Blackbird Nightingale, Sardinian Warbler, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Stonechat, Grey Heron 2,  Falcon spp, (either a Hobby or Eleonoras but it was over the horizon before I saw it) Hoopoe and a Lark?, (I'm going to try and photograph this bird tomorrow to be 100%, having seen lots of Crested on Lesbos I'm happy this was sufficiently different to be Thekla Lark)

Spotted Flycatcher


Comments

  1. Crested Lark do not occur on Mallorca Paul - it's Thekla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was 99% certain, just needed another look

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?