Wednesday 19th - Saturday 22nd October

Catching up.....

For most of my adult life I've managed perfectly well with out "internet", so why is it that four days without "broadband" and I feel in disarray?

Well it seems that all is working again so time for a catch up.

Wednesday is volunteer day and this week we were at Morfa Berwig LNR, our mission to put some metal gates up to replace the wooden structures presently leading to the grazing fields.

Having completed a small task clearing some rank vegetation we proceeded to the grazing field to be met by these!

Gently does it....., a nifty pincer and we've got them

At first I thought someone was taking the Donkeys for a walk, then realised they were escapees!!!
An interesting few minutes ensued while we rounded the way ward Donkeys up and put them back in the field, ultimately we never actually completed the main task of putting a gate up, but that's another story.....

On Friday I had a ringing session and was pleased to catch the first CETTIS WARBLER for the site, I had only first heard them a few days previously so to find one in the net was a surprise, more expected though where the first Redwing of the season....

Redwing

Cettis Warbler, a juvenile of this year


I caught a couple of Robins, one had a much greyer forehead than usual, it is likely to be a "continental" bird, but I didn't take a photograph! It is noticeable that there are quite a few Robins around this week

Saturday was another guided walk, "Beach Wildlife", despite the late start 10:30, I arrived at 08:45 and met up with Bernie Beck who had walked in for the walk, he went off to do a sea watch and I had a quick look at the route of the walk. I joined Bernie at about 09:45, by which time he had already seen a Bonxie, A Harbour Porpoise and a Grey Seal!!!!

Of course by the time everyone had arrived there was little to see, undaunted we had a nice walk and managed to pick up Teal, Common Snipe and a couple of Pintail....its all in the timing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?