Sunday 20th March 2016

First day of spring... properly....


Today marks the Spring Equinox, the days will really start to get longer than the nights  now.

 third hand report of an Otter nr the reserve car park had me out and about early this morning, in the hope of a glimpse of this elusive creature that I have tracked around the reserve for the past 5 months... NO I didn't see the animal but if anyone wants to lend/donate a camera trap then I've got the perfect place for one to be put.

I fared better on the bird front with the still lingering female Merlin, I managed to creep up on the bird to within 50m, after she had failed to catch a meadow Pipit.



Merlin

Merlin
A couple of shots one has been slightly cropped, I am quite pleased with the result given I only use a "bridge" camera.

The bird list for 2016 has now reached 81 species recorded which I am pretty pleased with there are lots more species to be added during the coming months and I reckon the list by December 31st could hit 110.

The 81st species was GOSHAWK a male (on size) was being harried by gulls but paid not attention and made its way across the reserve.

Bring on the butterflies, dragonflies and the orchids....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?