Saturday 26th March 2016

The first migrants ahead of storm "Kate".......


Yesterday (Friday 25th) I had my first sighting of Northern Wheatear on the reserve at Pembrey, the were a bit too active to get a photo, there will be opportunity later in the spring I hope.

A stroll around my local "patch" at Sandy Water Park in the evening found the male Goldeneye still on the lake, plus the first Sand Martins (10) that I have seen this spring

 distant male Goldeneye
A mix of winter and summer, as the day had been perfect clear blue skies and warm sunshine, not so good for migrant watching but a lovely day to enjoy the area.

Great Crested Grebe
I don't often spend any time taking photos of the local wildfowl but the light was so interesting yesterday evening it was hard to walk on by.

male Mallard

female (L) & male (R) Gadwall

female Tufted Duck, looks like its swimming in molten metal

this should be an easy "mystery bird"

On Thursday I carried out a water quality test on the lake, as part of a project being run by the Freshwater Habitats Trust, I'm pleased to say that based on the results on Thursday the water in the lake is very low in nutrients !!

First Barn Swallows of the season at Sandy Water Park this morning (2) !!!!! here comes summer, opps storm Kate first.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?