All Change Wednesday 1st May 2019

I have had the pleasure of volunteering with Dr Simeon Jones and Carmarthenshire Local Nature Reserves part of Carmarthenshire County Councils, Outdoor Recreation Service; since October 2015. My time spent at the reserves especially Pembrey Burrows has been very rewarding personally and I hope I have added to the data base of species found on the site.

Many of you will be aware that I started a paid position with the Outdoor Recreation Service about a year ago, working primarily at Pembrey Country Park, my time there has been immensely enjoyable and again I hope I have contributed something to the park.

Now its time for a change, well almost, today I was confirmed into a new and exciting role with the Outdoor Recreation Service as the Volunteer & Education Coordinator. The role is to develop a strong volunteer team within the service, coordinate the roles of the many other volunteers we have and to review the education offer we make to schools across all ages and abilities. (although based at Pembrey CP the role covers all of our sites)

As such my  volunteer role on the reserves will come to an end, wildlife contributions are likely to diminish, and I will be focussed on other issues whilst I settle in; but do let me or one of our great ranger team, know of anything interesting, anything amiss etc as many of you have done in the past. Once I'm settled in I will be back into the wildlife recording....

Simeon has a great series of walks planned for the year check the park website for details*

In the coming weeks I hope to be able to offer a range of volunteer roles that I hope some of you will be interested in so keep an eye on the blog and the Pembrey Country Park website:* 

www.pembreycountrypark.wales  *











Comments

  1. I wish you every success in your new post. I'm sure that with your environmental track record you will make an even more significant contribution to enhancing the county's ecology and people's understanding of it. Many thanks for all that you've already done at Pembrey and other local nature reserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words I will do my very best

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?