The bird feeder saga, Tuesday 29th January 2019

I returned from a week in the sun in high spirits, well as high as my spirits get!, to find that all of the bird feeders at the winter feeding site in the country park had been ……. STOLEN!, No other word for it well there were but I can't put them in the blog.

I mentioned it on my FB page and had a lot of supportive voices and a kind gesture of some replacements, THANK YOU.

The park raised the issue on our social media feed and as expected there were many disgruntled voices offering vocal support, much appreciated, I'm not sure what drives some people, surely they were taken by people who where going to use them?

I continued to feed the birds but just by putting the food on the ground.

A few days ago I was in the office when a visitor came in carrying a large box, I was astounded to see a selection of almost new feeders as a donation; he had seen the message on our social media and brought them in. THANK YOU.

I am not putting them back where they were for fear of having them stolen again, so now there are two in front of bird hide (No2) at the lake on the edge of the park.


Checking them today a few tits and Chaffinches have found them also four Mallard were feeding on the spilt seed. This new location will allow more people to view the birds and still allow some ringing to be carried out.

Lets hope these stay there....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?