Ynys Dawela and Morfa Berwig Thursday 22nd February 2018

So yesterday we visited Ynys Dawela Nature Park near Brynaman. It's a really interesting site so look out for the guided events there in the coming months, see yesterdays blog!.

I thought we were going to knocking things down, always fun, but no we were tidying up what had already been knocked down, eh oh still needed doing. We did start by putting the metal noticeboard in place on the new Oak sign looking good...


It was good to see a decent mass of frog spawn in the pond as well as a few clumps in the nearby ditch, it's likely that the onset of the cold weather may kill off much of the spawn which is a shame but that's nature for you.


Today despite it being my BIRTHDAY, I went and filled the feeders at Morfa Berwig, I will get around to ringing there soon I hope.

It was good to see the ringed Willow Tit already at the feeders when I arrived accompanied by what seemed every Blue and Great Tit in the district.
Worryingly I found some mammal prints that may be MINK, I'm not familiar enough with their tracks to be certain so opinions welcome.


As a birthday treat I bought myself a larger tool box so nothing is lying around in the van, oh and I cleaned the van AGAIN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?