HAPPY NEW YEAR, Carmarthenshire Local Nature Reserves

Hello 2018, Pembrey LNR was very busy yesterday, certainly for the short time I was there, I couldn't wait to get away, but I'll come back to that.

Disappointedly the New Year started with reports of poachers on the reserve, they were duly intercepted and the error of their ways pointed out to them, to be fair they were both very reasonable guys and I had a good chat with them about the reserve the issues we face and the wider countryside in general.

All the cattle looked well and were in the right places, but I've spotted a couple of potential problems which will hopefully be resolved tomorrow.

After  being growled at by a rather unruly dog and its companions running loose AGAIN! I thought it time to go for lunch, great idea I had not taken into account the total arrogance of a particular visitor who had blocked the barrier (appropriately the owner of said dogs!), with the help of more considerate visitors I managed to weave my way passed, but of course the Toyota pickup, an ambulance or coastguard vehicle would not have managed.

Well that was yesterday, so today it was Morfa Berwig reserve and a spell of road sweeping and ditch clearing... don't worry Wednesday gang there's still plenty to do.

I did not see a soul but found time to watch, a WILLOW TIT, and GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER as well as the usual assemblage of birds along the Afon Goch.

Great Spotted woodpecker


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?