December, the start of Meteorological WINTER Friday 1st December

Not as frosty as recent days, and much less wind than forecast - could have gone ringing!



Anyway I visited Morfa Berwig LNR this morning with a view to finding additional ringing rides, I know its a wetland site, but give me a break, too deep too boggy, but I did find a nice area albeit wet, as an additional net ride.

In the process I disturbed a new bird for the site in the wonderfully camouflaged form of a WOODCOCK, it clattered through the willows before landing again, a good record.

Woodcock

Water Rails are well spread through the reserve with at least three calling this morning, a flock of c15 Long tailed Tits, with a mix of Blue, and Great Tits, Goldcrest and Robins, there were at least six Robins along the Afon Goch path.

A Raven and a single Lapwing overhead completed my visit.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?