A surprise landing Thursday 2nd November 2017

After a full on day with the Wednesday team, who by the way did a great job on the information shelter, THANK YOU it looked good this morning!, I returned at dusk to set up  for a Skylark ringing session this morning. whilst sorting the final net set, two Common Snipe landed in a net I had already set out, by the time I got to the net one had wriggled out but the other was lying quietly and was extracted easily, (for a change).

I took the nets down, just leaving a marker pole as a guide for this morning, so much easier to prep the night before, and set about the task of processing the bird.

Common Snipe Biometrics  Adult BTO code 4
                                         Wing  132mm
                                         Weight 91g



I returned hopeful this morning but ended up with very few birds, not a Skylark in sight, in perfect conditions, still I had nothing better to do at 05:30hrs.

Tomorrow's another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?