You've got to keep on top of the jobs Thursday 29th June

After three days of guided walks, a meeting and some off site ringing, I thought I had better get on with some jobs at Pembrey LNR, especially prepping the ringing rides ready for the Swallow roosts.

I picked a good day for it!, muggy and decidedly wet so full waterproofs it was, (yesterday  for a site meeting at Morfa Berwig I opted not to wear waterproofs and ended up very wet), armed with a slasher I stood, quietly, a bit perturbed by the sight of the ringing rides.
opps! should have done this sooner....


Probably should have kept on top of this

This was originally cleared as a new ride in April

One very sweaty hour later, I've opened up the rides they will still need a bit of tidying up (Wednesday gang you have been warned), but the hard work is done.



A bit of extra work and it will be ready

Checking the cattle I found another two that have developed eye problems, I contacted the grazier and they will be treated today, whilst the eight that had similar problems a few days ago are well on the road to recovery and ready to be brought back to site. It's not a serious problem just irritating and rightly needs treating.

Tonight is survey night for Greater Horseshoe Bats that are found nearby and use the reserve to feed, I've detected Noctule, Common Pipestrelle and Soprano Pipestrelle using the reserve whilst I've been mothing.


Greater Horseshoe Bat,
( as you need a special licence to photograph bats at a roost this photo is from Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?