BSBI visit Tuesday 27th June 2017

Today Simeon and I hosted? a visit by the Botanical Society of the British Isles, with Richard and Kath Pryce the county botanical recorders.

A group of 10 experts left me in total awe of their expertise, friendliness and willingness to share their knowledge.

a few of the group looking at something?

The group spent just over 7 hours on the reserve visiting a number of the habitats and amassing a good list of plants, with a number of "token" specimens being taken for confirmation of their identity. The actual lists will be sent to me when completed, these will then be useful to help me further my own knowledge of the reserve.


Sea Spurrey

As well as the flora, good numbers of Marbled Whites were on the wing with a few Dark Green Fritillaries, on the bird front before they group arrived I found two Common Sandpipers on the high tide with 30+ Mediterranean Gulls, and a few more Redshank than of late, I guess autumn is on the way...

Common Sandpiper, the first "autumn migrant"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?