Sunday 11th June 2017 Pt 2

Before the walk/event this morning, I went for a look around, it was great to see so many Southern Marsh Orchids and Pyramidal Orchids in flower, with many more flower spikes yet to open.  The yellow of the Biting Stonecrop is beginning to make a nice show on the dryer areas of the dunes.

Infloresence of Pyramidal Orchid

Biting Stonecrop

I also came across a Spider-hunting Wasp which may be Arachnospila anceps,(no common name), I've submitted the record for confirmation.


?

The high winds of the past week have damaged the bearings on the anemometer on the weather station, and now its not spinning just shaking....., I'm not surprised really as its been in use for about five years and experienced a few storms.. I'll have to get a ladder to check the damage properly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?