Friday 23 December 2016

Friday 23rd December 2016

Barbara is on her way, chance of a lie in...... no chance......


I thought a lie in would be in order today, then the ringing tones of the mobile and that was my lie in done with.

Some of the "boys" had escaped, what was I to do? well since they were last seen on the edge of the estuary I thought it wise to see what was going on.

As I drove along looking for them I noticed that the Hereford bullock was missing from F3, but the Welsh Blacks were still there although very agitated, I drove to the end of the track and passed the shelter, thinking here comes a bit of off roading, when I saw the "boys" coming over the fore-dunes, a few shouts of C'mon, and D' Yma had them interested, and they started trotting nicely to ward the van. (they know the difference between a bin bag being rattled and a feed bag!)

I wish I had a photo but the priority was to get them back in a field, sure enough they followed the van and I managed to hold them up until the grazier and team arrived, with a bit of pushing and shoving we got them back into  F3.

I thought I had better check field 1, which is where five had escaped and walked three quarters of the way around before finding where they had broken the fence, the NEW fence, it looked like something had upset them and they had just pushed through. Oh well another job.....

As I type Barbara has started to say hello with gusty winds and, for now, light rain.


Not the escapees, but some of the other boys



No comments:

Post a Comment

End of Season Round up

 Bore da pawb Just a very quick reflection on the work that has happened during the summer season. It may turn into a bit of a list though. ...