Friday 22nd January 2016

Cefn Sidan beachcombing...


I spent the afternoon walking along Cefn Sidan beach towards the South Eat corner of the Pembrey reserve.

After a wet and dreary start to the day the afternoon was clear blue skies with a steady westerly breeze.

Looking East South East along the beach towards Burry Port



I collected a good number of shells from the high water mark to make a reference collection for guided walks and school parties, the one thing I couldn't collect was this


The underside of a Sea Mouse


Top view of a Sea Mouse


My walk took me around the end of the reserve and back on to the salt marsh where there was more evidence of Otters using the site with foot prints at the edge of a brackish pool.

A bracing and interesting two hour walk ending back at my starting point.
Sea Mouse Aphrodita aculeata
this incredible scale worm lives it's life buried in the sand


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?