Saturday 25th July 2015

With ringing at Oxwich NNR cancelled due to the wind, I still got up and went out at 4:30am, I thought I would try and catch a duck or two or a Moorhen at the Water Park now that I have permission from the council to ring in the area.

Failure, dismal failure I think I was too early, the birds were skittish and the presence of four Fox cubs didn't help. A couple of bats feeding over the water were probably Daubenton's bats

Anyway after breakfast I walked around the lake and found 64 Mute Swan, £ Gresat crested Grebe, the female Tufted duck with still one duckling and three Common Gull, this particular gull is not that common!!

In Coed Cefn padrig there was a family of Chiffchaffs, a Jay, Long tailed Tits and a couple of Whitethroats.

On the sands at Cefn Padrig 13 Little Egret.
Male Tufted Duck
 
Male and Female Pochard (at the back) and Tufted Ducks
 
Common Gull
 
Common Gulls with Black-headed Gulls, at this time of year the Black-headed Gulls are losing the "black" head

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?