Morfa Berwig Wednesday 21st March 2018

At last, today, after an icy start, felt like Spring!

The Wednesday team returned to Morfa Berwig to finish off the task we started last week, (usually the Wednesday team only visit once a month), and did a MAMMOTH JOB which left us, well at least me knackered! THANKS.



It was back to tidying up after the work carried out by contractors, on behalf of NRW, raking the banks of the ditch and clearing debris from the ditch, which is flowing nicely thanks to Brian's engineering works, there's a kid in all of us! Oh we had a little bonfire...



We made neat piles of the brash which will rot away fairly quickly I hope.

With increasing daylight, don't forget the clocks spring forward this weekend, the vegetation will soon take hold, a LITTLE EGRET couldn't wait to investigate our work but decided there was nothing to eat, the obvious birdlife today came in the form of a few pairs of MALLARD and a pair of GADWALL bombing about, a GREY HERON and best off all a GREEN WOODPECKER, possibly a new bird for the site although I'll need to check my records.







Green Woodpecker (Google free to share)

You will have seen that I often use photos kindly permitted by Colin Dalton, if anyone has photos that they feel I could use at some time I'm always happy to share, of course I can't pay but will always acknowledge the source.

Our next Local Nature Reserves event is a BEACH WALK, on the 7th April at PEMBREY BURROWS, booking essential 07984788218


I can reach it ..honest!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?