Brian arrives, Saturday 21st October 2017

I was duly awakened by the slashing rain sometime in the early hours, then the sound of neighbours hammering something or other in the dark got me out of bed for my planned visit to the reserve at Pembrey for high water.

I'm glad I made the effort, with the wind pushing the tide the marsh was completely flooded well before high water at 07:50hrs.

The drive along the edge of the reserve yielded my first REDWINGS of the year as well as SONG THRUSH and BLACKBIRD, all trying to keep low..

A good variety of birds on the marsh battled the wind with, TEAL (50), MALLARD (c25), WIGEON (2), REDSHANK (c25), CURLEW (2), SNIPE, as well as the usual assemblage of Lesser Black Backed, Black headed and Herring Gulls.

With gusts of over 60mph recorded at Pembrey Sands, it was no wonder the instruments on the shelter were rattling.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?