What the right tools (machines) can achieve Saturday 15th July 2017

I visited Morfa Berwig LNR yesterday to see how the work was going, its amazing what an experienced "digger" driver can achieve in a short space of time.

The old bridges that were to be replaced with culverts and hard surface have all been completed, a bit of raking will see them finished off, all of the hard-core used was sourced on site from existing mounds and bunds, which themselves have been remoulded into softer shapes.



I think the photos speak for themselves!


Today was "ramble with a ranger", it was pouring down, thankfully no one was daft enough to venture out in the rain, so a slightly soggy "ranger rambled home", I'm still not sure how I got so wet I hardly left the van.

I stopped off to count the gulls at the high tide roost in Sandy Water Park, they seemed to be enjoying the rain with 845 Black Headed Gulls (yes I counted everyone I could see), 26 Lesser black backed Gulls, 10+ Herring Gulls, 10+ Common Gulls and 28 Mediterranean Gulls.

Mediterranean Gull


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?