Beetles and Bees

Despite the damp and drizzly conditions I carried on with surveying for the Strandline Beetle on Cefn Sidan, this time between CE52 and CE51, I found another two individuals, brining the total so far to at least 12 individuals at fourteen grid references.

On the walk back though the dunes at CE51 I stopped to photograph some leaves which may or may not belong to the rare Round-leaved Wintergreen, or Sea Bindweed (awaiting confirmation) as I took photographs I spotted two familiar orchid spikes of the- BEE ORCHID Ophrys apifera,


Bee Orchid spike, note the twist in the stem

Although not in flower yet they are easy to identify, interestingly they are on ground which was "disturbed" by the winter Sea Buckthorn clearance.

I'll post more photos if they make it to flowering.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?