I got a mauling Friday 12th May 2017

I'll come back to the "mauling" in a while, yesterday evening whilst having a late look at the reserve at Pembrey I was delighted to have a close encounter with a Badger.

We know they live on the reserve, we also know they are TB free, rarely seen due to their nocturnal habits seeing one out at dusk was great either a younger male or a female but either way it looked, turned and ambled off into a field.

Badger, Wikipedia photo



Now the mauling, I am carrying on with my Starling project, today using a 40' net as well as traps, when a low flying Lesser Black-backed Gull decided it wanted in on the free mealworms!


She, for on biometrics it was probably an adult female now carries a BTO ring, a wing of 405mm, and a head and bill length of 110.5mm.


Lesser Black-backed Gull

I've got one or two scars although the secret is to wait until the bird lets go of your flesh before pulling away..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?