Back in the swing of things Friday 5th May 2017


Well three days back home and well into the swing of things.

The first job was to make the long awaited door for the information shelter, with the aim of reducing some of the rain being blown in on a South Westerly!





I'm quite pleased with the result considering I can't draw a straight line let alone saw one, built, painted and installed.





Quite quiet on the bird front breeding well under way and in the stiff North Easterly/ Easterly of the past few days not surprising that the best birds were two SWIFTS


Common Swift (photo from Wikipedia)


But male Emperor Moth was a nice find, notice the "feather like" antenna, used to detect the pheromone emitted by the female moth


Emperor Moth ♂ (note the large feathery antenna)

Comments

  1. I went down to the hut yesterday. Very cozy and with lots of leaflets and identification posters. It just needs installation of one more amenity and it will be complete! Whilst I was swimming off Tywyn Bach yesterday evening I saw 35-40 curlew circling above me and making a hell of a racket until they disappeared Westwards along the coast. I can't be sure what type, but definitely curlew. I've only usually seen a solidarity one and once I saw a pair. From reading one of the posters in the hut I understand that their numbers have dropped substantially in recent years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?