Sunday 20th November 2016

Wildlife crime comes to Pembrey Burrows LNR...


Whilst on duty this afternoon two members of the public approached me and proceeded to show me an illegally set mist net which they had found set in Sea Buckthorn bushes on the reserve.

They had removed the two birds, a Great Tit and a Bullfinch, that were trapped and released them, although it sounded like only one was going to survive.

Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off by this discovery, luckily or unluckily I'm also very observant and clocked a suspicious vehicle and occupant in one of the car parks, I can't go into anymore detail at the moment, I may not get paid but I've been at this ranger game a very long time!!!... over to the local Police to deal with.

Not much else to report.........................

Comments

  1. shocking news Paul
    I presume the Bullfinch will not fair too well,they tend to not like mist nets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, as you know Bullfinch need careful handling in the net especially, I was amazed they got either of them out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?