Friday 18th March 2016

Migration of a sort........


Another sunny and crisp morning, although a little more haze about, should have yielded a Northern Wheatear....but alas not this morning, it will probably be tomorrow when I'm away ringing at Oxwich NNR.

However a Woodcock flushed from the edge of the reed bed/rough grass on the side of the road was a pleasant surprise, it was in almost the same spot as one seen on 2nd February.

I met up with Adam Dare and his wife and after a long chat putting the birding world to right I left to return home, after a few yards a faint but clear call got my attention and Adam was waving at me after wondering over expecting to see a Wheatear he pointed out that his wife had just flushed a SHORT EARED OWL, I managed a distant but positive view!!!

My guess is that the Owl is a migrant moving north, and the Woodcock well that could be a local breeder.

no photos sorry..................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?