Tuesday 3rd November 2015



This morning was a lot breezier than the forecast suggested, but since the car was packed and I was awake I set off to Pembrey Burrows & Saltings LNR.

My first encounter was with a HARE which is the first I've seen in my visits, based on its size it looked like a few months old.


My aim was to sample my third "subsite" on the reserve, having seen crests and tits in the area on Sunday.


It proved to be a good move as on "round 3", of the morning a FIRECREST was in the most sheltered net.

Always a great find but one which I felt was sure to be around it just has so many Goldcrests on site in the Gorse and Buckthorn.


The biometrics for this individual are as follows:


Sex        ♂
Wing     52mm
Weight  5.3g
Age       BTO code 3 a first year


FIRECREST

This was the highlight of a very quiet morning, sightings included C1000 STARLINGS and two LITTLE EGRET

Comments

  1. Brilliant Paul, I wonder what other goodies you have

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?