Tuesday 28th October 2015



Today looks like being the best day of the week for ringing so I took myself off to Pembrey Burrows LNR and was on site for 05:15hrs, it was magical as I had forgotten that it was a high tide and a big one at 9.2m

I set three nets, but was disappointed to see them blowing in the stronger than expected wind, luckily it calmed down.

The first net round was exciting as what I thought was an empty net in fact had a JACK SNIPE a first for the site.

I was joined by Veronica who is one of the stalwart band of volunteers on the Millennium Coastal Park.

The ringing was pretty slow with 19 birds processed, just 17 new but great quality.

Jack Snipe (1), Redwing (5), Reed Bunting (3) Meadow Pipit (3), Goldcrest (1+1 retrap) Wren  (1 retrap) Chaffinch (2) Dunnock (2)




Jack Snipe

Saltmarsh just after high tide

Meadow Pipit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?