Thursday 4th June 2015

Due to a technical difficulty, no ladder!, I was unable to visit the nest boxes in the Upper Thames Valley today, so I decided to carry on with a survey I started on a piece of Calcareous grassland in the Cotswolds.

Cow Parsley

Quaking Grass
The weather at last seems to have turned a corner and it was pleasure to be out, although still too early for the main flush of Orchids there were signs of Common Spotted and Greater Butterfly and Common Twayblade orchids, as well as Field Forget-me-Not, Horseshoe Vetch, Germander Speedwell and Meadow Buttercup.

    
Field Forget-me-Not
 
 
 
 
 
 
Greater Butterfly Orchid
 
 
 
Garden Chafer
 
 
Kidney Vetch
 
 
 
 Lapwing, once a common nesting bird on many farms, often seen in flocks during the winter months.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?