A decent bird at last, Saturday 21st January 2017

I was beginning to think that all the good birds had deserted me, but with a bit of persistence, or a case of right place right time, I had cracking views of a MARSH HARRIER.


Marsh Harrier


Marsh Harriers can be highly variable and my first thought was that the bird was a ♂, now I'm undecided, if it's not a ♂ then it must be an adult ♀, I welcome any thoughts.



Marsh Harrier


The Marsh Harrier was the highlight of a long day spent on the reserve, in glorious but quite nippy conditions. It's worth noting the bird went to roost in the reed-bed at around dusk.

A bit of ropey video.....



Comments

  1. It looks like a mature female or a young male - I lean towards a female.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?