Wednesday 12th October 2016

Making the most of the settled weather....


Another settled day with a light easterly breeze and despite overcast skies it was really pleasant to walk along Cefn Sidan, and be the only soul there.

Looking in a westerly direction along Cefn Sidan

There was a big flock (97) of Goldfinches in the fore dunes and plenty of Skylarks which on reflection seemed to be moving through rather than being local birds, there were over 100 of them heading SE.

I checked a few refugia, not in any hope of finding reptiles at this time of year, but if you don't look...., under one I found four juvenile Wood mice, and under another an adult and four juvenile Short-tailed Field Voles, plenty of good nourishment for the now, seemingly, resident two Kestrel.



Wood mouse

A walk out to the tidal creek, (please don't walk out to the creek aimlessly, I think I may need new knees soon), revealed well hidden flocks of Teal 60+ and Wigeon 15.

I only use a Fujifilm Finepix bridge camera so my photographs are the best I can take.


Kestrel ♂


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?