Thursday 28th May 2015

This morning was looking like a good time to do a spot of birding, ok I go birding every week!!!

I went down to Slimbridge WWT, and was in the hides by 08:10hrs, when I went to the Robbie Garnett hide there was nothing to note within seconds a chap in the hide asked "is that a phalarope", a quick scan saw the unmistakable spinning action of a small bird on the water, a female Red Necked Phalarope, I managed a few seconds of video and a dodgy photo before the bird was chased off, now how do I upload the video onto my blog?
Mmmm no idea so instead here's a dodgy photo, you can view the video on my Facebook page.

Later in the morning I joined one of the twice daily Landrover safaris to parts of Slimbridge that usually only the staff visit, we had great views of Hobbies and  breeding Redshank, plus a female Common Blue butterfly but very few dragonflies as it was cool and windy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tern of events Sunday 7th April

SLOW WORM fest..

Carmarthenshire - Did you Know?